Maybe you've already heard it - Node.js is becoming the new platform of choice in many development teams and production systems, known for its flexibility, simplicity and having a plethora of ready-to-use libraries. And many of us, (not only) Java developers, are curious what's in it that it drives so many people away (not only) from Java.
In this session, Lukas will introduce Node.js and compare it with Java:
- asynchronous flows / promises
- functional programming in JS
- language features from ECMAScript 6 (also known as ES 2015)
- differences between browser- and server-side JS
- running JS on the JVM
- Node.js compared to Java EE